A hard-gainer's 20 pound challenge

Looking for a little external motivation to help this hard-gainer make another twenty pounds...

Friday, July 14, 2006

The Warm-Up

Let's start with a little about me.

I'm a personal trainer out in Montreal, Canada.
I'm a 25-years-old, married guy with a University degree in the arts.
I've been a hard-gainer my whole life.

What does hard-gainer mean? It means that if I eat too little, I lose weight. To some that sounds grand. To me, it's very frustrating. In University I managed to build 20-odd pounds onto my skinny 145lb frame, rounding out nicely to roughly 165. Five years later and, guess what?, still 165lbs. Not that I'm really all that unhappy with my 'plight,' in actual fact it's a comfortable kind of weight. But I just wonder what 185 would look like...

So, from the beginning of August on through to some time 20 weeks or less from then, I'm going to gain 20 pounds.

I'm blogging about all of this so that I'll actually do it.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Terrific goal Loren! (Although I won't drink to it: mine is to lose weight, but you can have my beer.)

It'd be great to see you with a bit more meat when I come to visit in August. Keep us posted. We're rooting for you.

Ciao,
Jodes

2:56 a.m.  
Blogger Loren said...

so you are alive!

Been trying to reach you - though I don't know whether I'll have all that much extra meat on my bones by august - you'll notice that July 29th was the start date...

8:13 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Likewise!! I'm so glad you've started posting again... I've missed your blogs!

I don't think I'll be heading out your way until the end of August...some health-related issues keeping me in Etown. So that'll give you at least three weeks to gain a few pounds. Although you look very nice already. You should post some fit-for-life style before and after (and during) photos.

Will keep trying to reach you at your new number. I'm still at my Grandmother's.

ciao for now.
Jodes

1:20 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home