A hard-gainer's 20 pound challenge

Looking for a little external motivation to help this hard-gainer make another twenty pounds...

Friday, August 04, 2006

Cancer from processed meats?

This article from CBC suggests that there is a link between stomach cancer and consumption of processed meat. This doesn't really have anything to do with my challenge, except that one of the difficulties I run into is eating enough protein. Processed meat is always a nice option, because it's faster and tastier than eggs or protein powder.

Hmm - food for thought. I suppose I could just sit pretty and consume less than 30 grams each day for several years in a row (that's part of a big fat sausage or, well, 30 grams of sliced meat). That and give my gut a break every now and then with fresh fish, protein powder, rice and beans, and, ugh, eggs.

Still, I'd be curious to know a few more of the factors involved in the actual study...

Thoughts?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home